Quote Originally Posted by MickH View Post
The Horizon, (and Widelux and Noblex as far as I can tell) already use variation in slit width to control exposure. On the Horizon the lens barrel only rotates at two speeds, controlling the High and Low exposure timings. Slit width is set by the Aperture control lever thus varying the amount of time the film surface is exposed to light as the barrel rotates. At the end of each exposure the slit closes completely (with an audible click) which prevents the film becoming exposed when the shutter is cocked, the film wound forward, the lens barrell returned to it's starting point and the spring re-tensioned.

I'm pretty sure that introducing a "reverse swing" element would make these cameras even more expensive and complicated. And, as for the Horizon, make the beast less reliable.
Slit width is set by the Aperture control lever
WRONG-WRONG-WRONG
slit width is controlled by the time(exposure)-control lever
aperture is controlled by the aperture control lever.
the problem is that the screw which holds the door-opener can get loose. thats why it should be fixed/treated with locktite(half-strong). the position of that door-opener must be adjusted so one can get the full image-size of 58mm lenght. mine got loose during shelf storage!
lets hope that promised digital horizon will be of topquality.