Thanks again, folks. I do appreciate the support...more than you know.

I can't put the general kits on E-Bay. Please believe me. I get email messages from shill buyers almost every day and not only is it getting tiring but it is also harassment.

In addition to this problem is the fact that over the past 6 to 10 months every single component of the kit has escalated in price steadily and without decline...even the cost of paper, envelopes, toner, bamboo...some of these products have increased by 50% or more. I have not increased the cost of the kits, but there is no way to avoid that at this point. The loss of value of the US$ has not helped any importer. Bottom line is the $9 kit is going to have to become the $13 kit or the $14 kit. And honestly an important factor is how many frictional costs there are. E-Bay and PayPal are not cheap. I am open to alternative suggestions.

As for the pre-cut kits, I've gone to great lengths to make them attractive, and I hope you'll keep an open mind. For example: take the Canonet GIII. With the general seal kit, unless you are very careful you may only be able to re-seal one GIII because of the amount of foam used on the film door. The pre-cut GIII kit is $12, I've made templates to duplicate the door strips precisely, and I send you two choices of hinge seals...depending on how far you want to go with the restoration or how handy you may or may not be. Plus I took the time to explain how to remove the top plate and clean the viewfinder and where the adjustments are for the rangefinder. That's right. At the end of the 6 pages of instructions the buyer gets, there are 14 images showing how to do this and a narrative. The Yashica 124g? $9 and I teach a secret which is probably worth $20 to know and I solve a design defect in the original camera. The XA series for $12? In that one I've made a design change I've been considering for over 15 years. It makes the seal material much easier to install, and it will make the seal more effective. For the do-it-yourselfer, it changes a tedious job into something much less threatening...something a complete novice will not be nervous about. Plus, I send the pre-cut pieces so the user can choose between self-adhesive foam or the 1mm velvet which I have proven to be a superior choice over the 8 or 9 years since I first tried it.

Some people have asked if I am going to limit the thicknesses of the foams or eliminate some components of the kits. No, not at all. I will continue to offer the same foam in thicknesses of 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm and 3mm and the two thicknesses of fabric material will not change, either.

Some people have asked if I plan on using a cheaper grade of foam. Absolutely not. Of course, I would make a greater profit by selling junk foam, but what would be the point? If you own a Maserati or a Lamborghini, you wouldn't put re-tread tires on it. Why would you use less than the finest in your camera? Besides your camera was originally built using cheap foam, and how did that work out? The foam I use is peerless, but it has always been incredibly expensive. For anyone who understands foam or foam production, the method I require is that the bun be skived one pass at a time and each sheet be backed with pressure sensitive adhesive individually. The precision of this method versus rolling a bun shakily through a cutter and backing with self-adhesive as it rolls through...to me it is the difference of going to a well-respected surgeon versus a witch doctor suffering from delerium tremens. There are three stages to the production and delivery of the foam I sell. Each one takes place in a separate country. Knowing this may make it easier to understand why the import process causes me to lose sleep, but it is the only way to get the world's best foam product made to my specifications. The cutters used in this process are manufactured only in Germany and are crazy expensive. I'm told the blades for the machine cost over $250,000 each. But no...I have no plans to sell anything but the finest.

A couple of people have asked me if there are new camera products on the horizon? Yes. Actually I am awaiting the finalization of patent paperwork on a new process and a new product. I can not discuss it, but I will tell you it is something I've wondered about for 20+ years and the end of over a year in study. I think it would be interesting to all camera owners and particularly those with large format or antique cameras...

So that is it for now. Sorry to be so long-winded, but because of the numerous questions I've received, I thought answering some of them in this fashion made more sense.
Jon