I once worked with a guy that was cooking his turkey for Thanksgiving. He took it out of the oven, and the turkey shifted in the pan, causing him to spill the turkey juice/grease onto his feet. Even though the over was 350F or so, the boiling juice/grease in the bottom of the pan was probably not much more than 212F. Even at that temp, he ended up getting 2nd degree burns on his feet. Not a fun thing to do, especially on Thanksgiving.

It's stuff like that that dissuades me from heating stuff up that hot at home.