Today at work, a client brought in one hell of a Linhof Technika kit for me to photograph and sell on consignment.
I don't know Linhofs well. However, I think this is a III. It has no front tilt that I can see, and the lens boards are square, without clipped corners like the newer ones.
The camera was bought new, with many accessories, and never heavily used.
The kit includes:
- body with instructions, sales brochures, and other such literature
- 150mm lens on board, cam, and focusing scale
- 90mm Angulon f/6.8 on board, cam, and focusing scale
- 240mm Tele-Xenon on board, cam, and focusing scale
- extra lens board, unused
- left hand "anatomical" grip
- Linhof cable release
- Super Rolex 6x7 back
- 13 Riteway DDS film holders, clean, in boxes, practically unused
- 4 Linhof film holders. These look like extra fat DDS holders with rounded edges, with instructions (still loaded, with a film with a double triangle notch code; with about a half inch between the notches: ---v----v--)
- Vintage Polaroid 500 holder with instructions
- "Off brand" Polaroid Packfilm holder (like the later Polaroid 405 holder that I have and love) with instructions
- Weston meter/case
- Brockway meter/case
- Linhof lens shade/filter holder with three filters (rot, gelb, UV), in leather case
- Another clip-on filter holder/barn-door lens shade
- Sportsfinder frame for front standard
- Various other odds and ends
I was offered the option to buy the kit outright. The owner was looking to get "$1,100 or $1,200" for the entire kit. The guy who brought it in was a very knowledgeable retired commercial photographer and college photography instructor who was a friend of the owner, who must have had an idea of its value, so I would not feel bad for taking them up on the offer.
Whaddayathink? Have the camera gods smiled on me again?
It sounds like a deal to me, given all the accessories, the cams and focusing scales, and the barely-used condition of everything...but I understand that the IIIs are not worth anywhere near as much as later models, and will it really do anything more for me than my Speed Graphic already does?
I am thinking that I could definitely benefit with it over a Speed from the movements. It is a shame it is not a later model, though. Front tilt would be nice (though I know how to fake it using rear movements).