Quote Originally Posted by dans
I'm interested in them for the same reason you used them. It is a place to rent darkroom and possibly studio space. I was trolling for opinions about the place.
He's got a floor in a mill building in Lawrence, next to Malden Mills (Polartec people) which gives him a lot of space.

Was the darkroom well stocked? Equipment in good condition, clean, functional?
He's got 6 or 7 Omega D5500's & a Leica 35mm enlarger. The majority of the lenses are 50mm or so, but he has several MF and 4x5 lenses - I just moved the lenses to the enlarger I used. I ended up bringing my own developer, and used his stop and fix. There's a seperate room for washing and drying. Once I got a rhythm going, I was cranking out work prints much faster than I do at home in the temporarily converted bathroom.

Did you look at the studio closely? What did you think of it? How about the equipment there?
He's got several varied setups, with strobes, I believe - the big advantage of the mill location is the space and ceiling height.

Any overall opinon? Is this the best/only place of it's kind in the area (it must be if you drive and hour)?
I live in southern New Hampshire, and I haven't been able to find any place closer. There are a couple in Manchester, but you need to be taking a course to use them.

The place works well and Al is helpful and is making a reall effort to make sure the facility is serving his clients needs. He also has a bunch of electronic paraphenalia that is used to make prints in ways we don't talk about here

He's always responded pretty quickly to email. I haven't been there in about 2 months, but I'm hoping to get down there right after Xmas.