</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dnmilikan @ Mar 31 2003, 04:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I include ... gloves as an aid to the viewer and as an indication that I have placed enough value on my work to hesitate having oil transmitted to the materials.

As an aside, there is an informative site located at http://art-support.com which has a fair amount of information to those who are interested in marketing and selling their work.</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
Uh... I&#39;ve heard that "gloves should be included" before. I&#39;ve checked with the owners of the local gallery... (I have a reasonably good rapport with them ... but they do not deal with many nude figure studies - parochail Puritan-ville), and one would have to be careful that they do not take that inclusion as a negative message that they were considered to be careless in their handling of art works. It may well be that they ARE ... but *image*, a.k.a. "first messages", is nearly everything.
Also, the "Portfolio Guidelines" on that Artist&#39;s web site recommend against including gloves.

The Panodia (and others) portfolios enclose the prints in plastic... sufficient protection ... which is a *pain* to keep clean - and - I don&#39;t know - I don&#39;t really LIKE the "look", but so far that seems to be "accepted" among those who view portfolios.

I have a portfolio from a *wonderful* local photographer - not the usual - black and white prints, various sizes - mounted on some sort of heavy black paper in a spiral loose leaf binding with heavy fiber covers. The photographs are *only* on the "odd" pages (right side), with captions and poetry on the "even" pages facing them. The overall effect is *very* good. A very effective use here of "white" (so, in this case it&#39;s black) space.

I&#39;m thinking ... I&#39;m thinking ...