I have used a 6X7 carrier with 645 film plenty of times, should not be a problem as the film is the same, just the frame size is different. Easels are a bit pricy, you can get a speed ezel for not too much, but truly good easels are not at all cheap. As for timers, there are some two knob timers out there, one knob does one digit and the other takes care of the second digit of a two digit number and a switch that usually says 1 or .1, so if you dial 3 on the first one and 5 on the second, you will have 35 seconds or you will have 3.5 seconds depending on where the switch is set. (sorry, that was a really confusing description, but I can't think of a better way to describe it right now.) These timers are usually accurate and have plenty of flexibility for most uses. Additionally, they tend to be cheap, $20 to $30 is not uncommon. Here is an example from eBay of a Grlab 450. I don't know the seller or have any relationship to the auction at all, just did a quick search. http://cgi.ebay.com/gralab-450-digit...#ht_500wt_1127