The lens I use most is an Olympus Zuiko 75-150mm f/4 zoom. It was "flooded out" - immersed in dirty water during a rainstorm, and was totally rebuilt by Olympus repair. Finest, sharpest, most distortion-free lens I know of. A zoom lens will make accurate framing a lot easier.

Be careful to align the camera to the center of the work, and keep the work perpendicular to the optical axis - really important in avoiding "keystoning" distortion. I've found black mat board to be very effective in masking the areas you do not want to appear in the final image. Also - most camera viewfinders will show something less than the image that will fall on the film - so get - zoom - a little closer than the minimum necessary to fill the frame..

Try to keep the illumination uniform ... especially be aware of any reflections from glossy paper or glass, and for hot spots.

Color balance will be a problem, if you work out of doors. Open shade or an overcast sky will result in *very high* color temperatures (read: blue), and without a Color Temperature Meter and decamired filters, will be difficult to correct.
B&W - Schneider has their entire Filter Catalog on line. In it, there is a chart comparing different lighting conditions (Moonlight is ~ 4400K) and the recommended color correction filters. I think a google search should find the site easily ... if not, I'll get the address from my old computer and post it here.