If the Autumn Meet is to happen we need to sort out the hotel now because they are starting to get booked up. From the recommendations on this thread and looking at the Visitors Guide it comes down to four possibilities which have sufficient facilities, have rooms available and are reasonable priced. Some do have a bigger supplement for singles than others and the bar varies from canned beer only to a full pub.
The details of them are as follows:-
Buxton
The Portland Hotel AA 2 star
Double room 2 people Dinner Bed & breakfast 40 per person per night for a min 2night booking
13 double, 4 twin 5 single all ensuite.
single room 40 as above for available single rooms (5 at the moment)
single occupancy of double room will be a supplement
Bar available (Boddington Smooth) and a lounge. Restaurant available to non residents. No meals available on Sunday.

Alison Park Hotel
Double room 2 people Dinner Bed & breakfast 63 per person per night for a min 2night booking
7 double, 3 twin 3 single all ensuite, 1 twin with private bathroom
single room , 3 available, as above
single occupancy of double room 82 per night.
Bar available with selection of canned beer, lounge available. Restaurant available to non residents.

Asbourne
Dog & Partridge
Double room 2 people Dinner Bed & breakfast 65 per person per night for a min 2night booking
8 doubles and 5 twins NO SINGLES mostly en suite
single occupancy of double room 105 per person per night
Pub with bar and lounge, bar meals and restaurant

Station Hotel
Double room 2 people Dinner Bed & breakfast 55 per person per night for a min 2night booking
12 rooms available Friday, 11 Saturday en suite
No single rooms, single occupancy of double room in the region of 80 to 85, to be confirmed

I have not seen any of the above, only spoken to them on the telephone. The Portland seems very reasonable and I have no reason to question its suitability but I guess there is a difference between the lowest and higher priced hotels.

Buxton is in the centre of the Peak District and Ashbourne to the south not too far from Dovedale.

A decision needs to be made ASAP so I suggest that:-
1) Everybody who is pretty certain to come confirms this on this thread.
2) Everybody who intends to come states which hotel they prefer and states if there is any hotel they would not stay at if your choice is selected by the majority.

This needs to be done in the next few days and we need to think about the minimum number to make the trip worthwhile.

Tony Marlow