Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
meaning "simultaneous understanding" ???

Perhaps a holistic view among the members of the clan?

We send a camera around without film as the results get better as the resources diminish towards zero?

Or take it one step further... all members shoot the filmless camera, throw a new roll of film into the box with express thoughts of what they would shoot if there were film, I get the box back with all the un-shot film, I shoot the film (but only 11 out of 12 exposures per roll, develop the film and see if that 12th image is what the sender implied and does it relate to what what I shot? A true test of the transmogrification of virtual latent image to the physical world.

Is that kind of what you had in mind?

tim in san jose
AHHHHHH! I made a goof! Never trust your spel cheker.

What I meant was synecdoche. I'm big on the part for whole idea. Not necessarily photographing the stereotypical "all hands on deck" but what if, rather than shooting something/someone, focus closely on one feature or part that is very expressive. I tried this once with Disney Hall, and rather than just shooting the building as a whole, I got really close to a specific curve of the building. The results can be great, because every image becomes a study in line/form. How does the clarified idea float, Tim?