</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Annie @ Apr 3 2003, 10:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Aggie... I know what you are saying..... I savour these old publications like fine wine&#33;&#33; Everyone seems to be there, wonderful articles by Ctien, Hutchings, Bond...my favourites are the ones with &#39;Darkroom Discoveries&#39;....many photographers whose work we now know well, presenting their &#39;undiscovered&#39; talents. Cheers Annie.</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
I cannot agree more.

I have a file cabinet drawer+ dedicated to Camera and Darkroom. It is still enlightening and inspiratonal to choose an issue from 1989 or so and re-read - my favorite pastime while waiting for the JOBO to get up to temperature and stablize.

Dated .. much of it is, but my greatest interest is in the psyche-hands-style connection - the elusive mystery of what is the "force" behind the "great ones"...
That "study" never goes out of date.

I can draw some direct parallels with APUG. Here, we have a wonderful collection of talented photographers, and I&#39;ve never seen anything here petty or mean spirited. We have succeeded in disagreeing in some potentially explosive areas,l with a remarkable respect for each others opinions - and that to me is the mark of a true artist.

Some of the information here is "over my head", some of it is irrelevent - to ME.

And ... and ... I just noticed the tiltle, "Bleaching and Enhancement" ... I am slipping off topic ... anyhow ... I *AGREE* - a bunch&#33;&#33;