I'm not a salesman for ebid, it just seems to be the best thing to rival it. Take into account that Ebay are making 10% of every sale, thats 10% of everything on ebay! plus paypals cut if used Obviously I hope that loads of people move over to another operator giving the ebay a reason to care about customer service and be competitive. In any other field ebay would be cut down by laws of monopoly and consumer rights.

Chrism
Paypal charges 3.4% + 0.20 GBP transfers take a week they also demand you become a business member if you want to accept paypal credit card. also they cream a couple of percent if you transfer currencies.

Ebay fees see here http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/fees.html state 10% on all sales over 0.01
Ebay also state that you must offer paypal and ban you and remove your item if you offer any other service like ppay, nochex, etc, etc.... see where this is going?
Also ebay.co.uk insist that you offer fee shipping on all items

The policies have been introduced this year and from my brief look at usa ebay their price remain at a tiered fee scale beginning at 8.75% getting cheaper for high priced items. I guess a new price structure will hit the usa soon.