I appreciate you're explanation. It's always difficult for newcomers to understand the dynamics of groups, when they introduce ideas prone to set off argumentation seemingly undeserved.

I guess I would be one of those Hybrid photographers. Although I'm not even sure that I can call it photography anymore. I recently purchased a Samsung SCC-131A Digital CCTV camera. It has about 570TVL of resolution. On that camera I'm now using Leica lenses. Specifically I'm using C-mount, M39 and M42 mount lenses. I got to this thread because of my investigation on anamorphic lenses. I intend to use anamorphic lenses and attachments on my cameras to provide HDTV images, without having to buy a dedicated HDTV camera. For the past few minutes, I've been considering using cameras with square sensors to make the most of the lens' mount and it's image circle. The objective then would be to use anamorphics to provide the aspect-ratios I most desire.

So I'm not really sure where I fit in regarding my imaging techniques. In the long run for me, it really doesn't matter. All that matters to me is that I get the information I need to produce my art. The work is in the research.

Xavian-Anderson Macpherson
ShingoshiDao