If you are not using readyloaders--if you do not think Tmax 100 is the holy grail!-- then you might try this method. It works well for me. Think of of exposed 4x5 as a horizontal rectangle., with the notch code at the bottom right. That equals N development. If you cut a small triangle from the film at the corner above the notch code, that is N+ 1. A corner cut one the diagonal from the notch cose is N-1. A corner cut one the same hoizontal as the notch code ios N-2. Any two corners cut means N- ?, depending upon the development you use for those types of situations. I use the Sexton Tmax RS 1-15 dilutions.

What about N+2/ For me that is N+1 plus selenium toner and an aletration of paper grade.

Worked this way you can unload and reload holders rather efficiently. I know when I return home I musy sort all those sheets of film, but I least then I have my darkroom and no external problems to worry me.

And if my wife and i are ready to end the photographic day and enjoy ourselves in some way that does not involve a 30 pound backpack and a Gitzo tripod, this certainly speeds up that.

Bob