PE,

I can't hate Kodak because they've provided wonderful materials for a very long time and many great photographers over the years have used their products. While I may be bitter right now I can't deny their place in the history of imaging. When I was new I cut my teeth on 35mm rolls of TRI-X and PLUS-X and when I first learned the "wonders" of LF I was again using Kodak T-MAX100.

When my old professor/mentor handed me his last rolls and sheets of Technical Pan I was in awe of the sharpness and odd yet pleasing rendition of tone. When he gave me his last sheets of Type 55 4x5 Polaroid I was in love with that film as well. And when he gave me his last sheets of AGFA MCC 111 & PRK118 they were instantly some of my favorite enlarging papers of all time.

I am only 22 years old and have only been into analog photography for a 2.5 years. I have used these "precious" materials donated to me knowing they aren't produced anymore so I didn't get too attached. I am thankful for the oppurtunity to even use some of this stuff the "dinosaurs" of photography have mourned over as each announcement of discontinuation has been made.

I just recently got into RA-4 printing and after testing a few emulsions/finishes I really loved the look of Supra Endura. I never expected this, so I guess this is the first time something that I used (and expected to be around) was discontinued.

KODAK has provided decades of good materials and research to the imaging community, so like I said I don't dislike or hate Kodak, I am merely disappointed with them. It's like when you're a kid and you realize for the first time that your parents don't know everything and can't fix everything. It's a let down, but it's a sign of the times and I can't really blame them if it is helping keep them in business.

-Mike