Quote Originally Posted by StorminMatt View Post
On the other hand, colors tend to be snappier with slide film, which may or may not be what you are after. To me, slides just have a 'dazzle' to them which I have NEVER seen in C41 film. Also, Provia 400 has somewhat better exposure latitude than Provia 100 (and less garish colors). And if you scan, most people prefer scanning slides vs negatives (don't know where you fall in here). As for grain, Provia 400 is actually rated at 11 RMS, which is not bad at all for an ISO400 film (not sure how this compares with ISO400 negative film). Especially when you consider that most ISO100 E6 films are 8 RMS. And to top it off, you can always have a slide show (not possible with C41!).
Its true about the scanning it has been a pain scanning negs to get the colour right. Up to now I have been using Fuji color. I scan with Vuescan software and the programs profiles for these films are sparse however Kodak films are well covered by the program and I understand that Ektar 100 scans real well. (great talk for a Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry section of the forums) I've used most of my fujicolor film and I now have a food saver container filled with kodak neg films in my fridge along with a couple of rolls of provia 400x. The other thing with slide film is that the emulsion is harder to scratch. Negs must be handled with much more care.

With the Provia I guess I should be looking for projects with lots of bright colours.