The next meeting of the Photo Arts Collective will be held on Thursday, November 5th at 7PM at Kehler Liddell Gallery, 873 Whalley Ave. in the Westville section of New Haven. And WOW, are we thrilled about this one!
We are honored and very fortunate to have the pleasure of hosting not one, but two highly distinguished fine art photographers and publishers at this meeting. Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee will grace us with a presentation of their extraordinary and high quality images and books for this 'special event' evening. With 68 years of combined experience as photographers between them, Michael and Paula are among the most seasoned and knowledgeable practitioners of the art form. Their work is in the collections of over 100 of the major fine art museums around the world, including (among MANY others...):
- Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Bibliothèque Nationale, Paris, France
- Center For Creative Photography, Tucson, Arizona
- Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- International Center of Photography, New York, New York
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, New York
- Museum of Modern Art, New York, New York
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Massachusetts
- Museé Nièpce, Chalon Sur Saône, France
- Museum of Fine Arts, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto, Japan
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco, California
- Victoria and Albert Museum, London, England
- Yale Art Gallery, New Haven, Connecticut
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Texas
- Museum of Photographic Arts, San Diego, California
Not only are they acclaimed veterans of fine art photography, but they are also accomplished publishers of exceptional fine art photography. Lodima Press is considered one of the premier publishers of rare, collectible high-end books and portfolios. Among the artists whose work they have published are; Edward Weston, Brett Weston, George Tice, Robert Adams, Paul Caponigro, Keith Carter, Carl Chiarenza, Linda Connor, Larry Fink, Arthur Tress, Nicholas Nixon and numerous others. They will be bringing many of their own books, as well as those of some of their published artists, so bring your money! Books will be available for sale.
There is a wealth of information about Michael and Paula's work on their website, at http://www.michaelandpaula.com/mp/index_skip.html
And be sure to check out all the information about Lodima Press, at http://www.lodimapress.com/
Mark your calendar now and don't miss out on one of the premier engagements in the New Haven fine art photography community this season. Seating at the gallery is limited. Information about Kehler Liddell Gallery can be found at http://www.kehlerliddell.com/
See you on November 5th