</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tom Duffy @ Apr 10 2003, 09:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>... heap irony on it by using disposible cameras. (not only have they ruined your shot, but they&#39;ll have nothing to show for it either.)

I think you&#39;re really touching on the purist vs. manipulation debate. Particularly with landscape photography, we&#39;re mostly trying to "romanticize" what we see, by shooting in warm light with saturated color film. As you point out digital makes this much easier for romantic portrature or landscape.
</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
"Disposable" I don&#39;t mind. It could be a realy serious photographer freeing him/herself from too much dependence on really advanced, fine systems. I have an old Agfa box camera - thankfully in 120 format, that I&#39;m going to give a "go" one of theses days.

What *really* FROSTS me is the all-too-prevalent "Digidolt" prattling about his "wunnerful" automatic everything special", out there taking photographs of the sunset and firing GN2 (@ ISO 100) flash to do it.

Now, "manipulation". We&#39;re mostly trying to "romaticize" what we see... ?

Certainly. I&#39;ve been doing exactly that for years. Unless it is "News" or "Industrial" or something like "Driver&#39;s License" photography - what else are we supposed to do?

Easier to do that with "digital"? I don&#39;t think so ... comparing the work I see from both media. I don&#39;t think it is an insurmountable burden to work "digitally", but I can&#39;t see, at least from the results, where it is anything like a great advantage, either.

Good work takes a lot of ... I need a good label. In athletics, there is such a thing as "muscle memory" where, after a great deal of practice and positive reinforcement from repeated successes, one "does things right" without conscious thought to the minutia of the process. So it is with photography, after a while, one "does", without conscious thought, those things that make a "good photograph. Maybe that label should be "Aesthetic Memory"?

Anyway, I would suggest that we all "romanticize" away -

Picasso once said, "The moment you lie for the sake of beauty - you are an artist."