I laughed very hard on reading the little snot post. I was just up in a nature conservatory with my 4x5 and the little snot had a really nice Mamiya 67 - He looked like he had earned the right. Of course I was doing the view camera dance and he stayed and talked a while. He was shooting Velvia (a favorite of mine) and I am srtrictly B&W (most of the time) I don't get too cocky though - so many of these guys are much better than I am although I would like to think I am getting better at it every year. That is the nice thing about this hobby - I don't think you can really stop improving or get to the end of it. I have several other hobbies that I feel I have mastered and there is little room for growth. I don't think I could get to the end of photographic possibilities in several lifetimes. Yes - all the photos have been taken - but - not at this angle - with this twist or addition or whatever. I saw a photo of a church in Brodie, CA that I have exactly - It is fine with me - mine is at a more interesting angle - the one I saw spoke a little differently. There are certain shots I think everyone takes because it is a milestone in the journey. It is not these cliche shots that define a photographer - the skill or the style. It is seeing what you feel is unique and using the subject to speak that message. I figure in another few years I'll understand what my unique style is and isn't. In another few decades I should have made some achievment in that style if I work it three or four days a week diligently. On the journey, I have some hanging in the local art museum (I think they lowered the bar a little for me) and I feel I am making some headway. It is frustrating though to see a perfect shot taken in 5 seconds with a minidigi that looks better than a shot I have invested 20 hours and $$$ on materials. I am not discouraged because I know that in the end I will have a flawless permanent work of art and the CD that stores the minidigi pixels will leak bits and the plastic coated wonder papers that ink gets sprayed on will look like dogmeat in 20 years. At least I comfort myself with this idea anyway.