Hi.

I loved the link to the page with horrible band photos!!!

I'm really excited now to go out and do this, and see if I can do something original.

Bosaiya, the band is called Grevil, they don't have a website yet, but I think they're on myspace. They are actually quite contemplative in their music and lyrics, and not very badass or scary. The guy I know, Magnus is a student of astrophysics and philosophy.

I really like the idea of setting up a gig in the woods and I will definately do that at some point, but for this shoot the budget is limited to, well, nothing. I do have an idea, that I'd like to get some feedback on. How about bringing a rope to the shoot, and have a tug-of-war contest between the band members? I could get some great closeup shots of arms and faces, and bring some dynamics and masculinity to the imagery. Is it too contrived and cliché? It certainly also adds to the Viking image (I don't know if that's something they would want). This as an addition to the group shots and individual portraits, of course.

In my mind the whole thing wants to be done in black and white, but the band really wants color. I think I'm going to look for something in-between.

Emil