as many wise people have mentioned above,

1. EQUIPMENT WILL NOT MAKE YOU A BETTER PHOTOGRAPHER, you have to train your eye.
2. find what you want to shoot, and how you want to portray it. panoramic or not
3. both are heavy systems, designed to live on a tripod. NOT to say you can't shoot handheld with either. I shoot handheld with my RZ, but prefer to have it on a tripod if possible. if I'm going out, I carry my F100 or my K1000 loaded with efke 25/acros or TMax 400.
4. don't "Just shoot, forget about the costs", this mentality drives you nuts. You shoot without composing, and you only end up frustrated in the end, because you have crappy photographs with no heart and soul. And there's no though put into them, just like snapshots. Not to say snapshots are ALWAYS bad. Hell, look at Terry Richardson, he's made his name off of 'snapshot style' ad work. Works for him.
5. Think about what you want to shoot, and how you are going to go about doing it. "The wise man always has a plan, no matter how short the circumstances" my dad has told me since I can remember it. I now apply it to my photography whenever I photograph something.

Quote Originally Posted by PBrooks View Post
the cost of 120 film is so small it's not even worth mentioning.
maybe for you I'm a student, so my budget's really tight, even for acros and expired color neg 120/220

just so you understand where I'm coming from, shoot what DRIVES YOU.

not what others recommend you shoot. shoot what you like, how you like it.

they're your pictures, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

having a plan does help though, it really does.

-Dan