Okay...now I'm confused. :o) I'm just *now* setting up studio lighs, and planning on using my trusty ol' Nikon F2. In the dark ages, when I first bought my camera, I would hook up a strobe unit, and set my camera at the red mark just between 1/60th of a second and 1/125, and set my aperature at whatever it was that was marked on my strobe for distance.

Of course *now* I'm setting up studio strobes (White Lightning strobes--I don't recall the output as of this moment--they're at the studio space I've rented), and was planning on using the same speed (I'm guessing that would be 1/100), and using a flash meter to tell me what aperature I should use. Am I wrong? Should I be going for a faster or slower speed? I'd appreciate any help before I load up a bunch of film and start making a bunch of mistakes. I don't worry too much about using up a lot of film and chemistry while learning, but I just hate the thought of using up the time of my subjects while I grope my way through these first steps learning to use my studio lights....

Mike in Alaska