Well, I cheated and used film...

Negs are drying and look pretty good, but I might need to re-shoot. I got lazy and set up the still life in the classroom (right next to my office and the darkroom) instead of hauling everything across campus to the studio. I used a black backdrop, but too much light spilled onto it and it might reproduce as a dark gray. I will be able to keep the flowers farther from the backdrop in the studio. We'll see.

It will be a couple days before I can scan the neg to show what I got -- longer before I actually make a print from them. I did do it both as an 8x10 and a 4x10.

vaughn