Quote Originally Posted by R/D View Post
The size of my room will be about 10' by 5'
Hi, there. For starters, You will need to economize your space if this is your limit. I would arrange a sink/counter along one ten foot wall about three feet deep leaving you about 24 inches wiggle room. You will need to split it mentally in half (five feet for wet and five feet for dry.) Seperate the two by some sort of semi-permanent partition. On your wet side I would probably have a 24"x24" or so sink leaving about two and a half feet for a vertical setup for your trays and whatever else you can squeeze in there. Hang your timer and install lots of shelving over the wet side.

The max print size I would like to make is 20X24 although that will be aways off until I get somewhat good at printing.
Good, because at 5x10 you do not have the space. But I would think you have plenty of space for 11x14.

I would like to eventually begin toning in selenium and it seems as if the sink would have to be as long as my house to accommodate all the chemistry trays plus some type of print washer.
This is where you need to install some cabinets under the sink/counter as well. The wet side can hold chemistry and anything that will be used on the wet side of processing/printing.

Im handy so I planned on making everything from wood.
Good to be handy. Remember to measure twice and cut once.

Can I achieve what I want within these constraints ? I realize these are extremely open ended questions. If anyone could point me towards some websites or other info I would be highly appreciative.
One thing not covered here is the dry side. Make sure you have enough counter space for the enlarger to stand upon and have your paper safe and dodging/burning tools close at hand. 3x5 should be more than sufficient. I wish I had that much room myself. Shelves above and cabinets beneath for all dry side related material. Paper, paper safe, film, safelight, timer (again, attach to the wall to save). I would, if you can afford, get a basic egg timer for your processing times (film/paper). If you can find one cheap like I did, get a Gralab for your enlarging. Safelight for the wet side and the dark side each for better visibility.

Yes, you can easily fo thi swithin these constraints. Just need to be inventive with your space. I am envious. Have fun.