Quote Originally Posted by Konical
I saw a veteran wedding photographer with a 124G who simply stretched a short rubber band around the sync lever and down to the self-timer lever. It was one of those "Duh!" moments. I have no idea how many years it would have taken me to think of such an obvious solution.
..until part of the rubber band twisted up over the shooting lens and he didn't know until the negs came back with an unexposed stripe across the corner, heh

Based on a suggestion here on APUG I recently started putting two 120 rolls onto a Patterson reel -- so far great, no problems. I put the first roll on and cinch it ALL THE WAY to the center before putting on the second roll.

Had my YashicaMat 124G since high school. Never got rid of it but I think I really only learned to appreciate it in recent months. Some people have reported it binding with 220 rolls, but this has never happened to me.

Only Kodak (still?) makes 220 B&W film these days, BTW. Surprisingly, shooting two 120 rolls of Neopan 400 (or even Bergger BRF-200) is cheaper than a roll of TXP 220.