Well, I'm glad the dichotomy of whether such an undertaking would be good or bad for Ilford(Oji) has come out so soon. I find it hard to believe that a few lone experimenters could in any way alter the longevity of Ilfochrome in the marketplace. Forces larger than ourselves will determine that. But in the meantime, I just like to play...and as in any lottery, if you don't play, you can't win. The following is a link which describes a typical divided(part A with developing agents, and part B with activating alkali)developer:

http://www.photography-forums.com/ga...-t92014p2.html

Nicholas....You have almost everything you need already with the exception of a little potassium bromide!
Try a google search for "divided developer" to find more.

PE....I use only 15 ml. battery acid per liter, along with a little bisulfate. The P30 kit uses a total of 80 grams of organic and inorganic acids and more than twice the amount of silver ligand. I would love it you could dig out some your formulas! I know that you have been partial to phenazines on this site in the past. In my patent collection, the most commonly used phenazine is 2,3-diaminophenazine, which unfortunately is a suspected carcinogen. The quinoxalines are devoid of this problem.