Quote Originally Posted by photomc View Post
Nick, one more observation to share with you...I did not find the "surge line" or area of density until I started to print some negatives (as you mentioned more so with sky), but after I went back and checked both 7x11 and 8x10 negatives I did notice on both...just harder to see on some negatives, but it is there.
Well, I'm no where near as experienced as other shooters but I'll stake a claim and that's my theory for now ... There is something causing the ridge steaks at least with some pyro developer mixes and some tanks/agitation schemes/processes maybe we could throw in film size and type also (?) but weather or not they are noticed is dependent on the subject and associated UV printing of the neg ...

A lot of variables !

Its a hard nut to crack huh - any physical solution I come up with in terms of another way to hold the negs in the tube I get the feeling I'm just going to introduce another issue ...

Anyway to 'float' a neg on a solution of bleach that would clear the base side of stain but via surface tension at the edges keep the emulsion dry ? :rolleyes: