Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hamley View Post
Well, maybe not that much. In the article, he states that if it didn't work out he could always cut the 8x20 to 8x10 which he was using, and that the frozen film would last a long time, or at least long enough.

It highlights again to me the difference between working pros I've known and most of us who enjoy photography as a hobby. The working photographers I've known wouldn't think twice about ordering $10,000 worth of film, a $15,000 Technika with 3 cammed lenses, if they needed them because those are the materials needed to create a return on investment and pay the bills.

Cheers, Steve
Good point. It was not that long ago when things were good and credit was cheap and available. But we also have to remember that the dynamics of film consumption have shifted 180 degrees from back in the good old days from being dominantly pros to currently being dominated by serious hobbyists and semi-pros. Add a crappy economy, dramatically increases in unemployment and a tight credit market and it is a challenge for the pros to have that much operating flexibility as was the case in the past. To be perfectly honest I don't know how the pros are making ends meet.

Like many of us I am hanging in there but I am working damn hard to make sure that the train stays on the tracks. Yes, it is eating into some time I would like to be allocating to photography, but priorities are what they are.