No, I haven't tried the yellow filter trick, which, as I understand it, permits the use of multigrade paper to gain a more moderate contrast image, the yellow filter removing lots of the blue/UV light that activates the high-contrast portion of the multigrade emulsion. Since I use graded paper, it's much less contrast sensitive to the color of light and hence doesn't need the use of a yellow filter.

I've found a combination of preflashing, along with controlling contrast by the use of graded paper, seems to deliver a good paper negative tonal range; I'm assuming that using a yellow filter will give one a benefit for MG paper similar to using graded paper (and which others have reported good results); although you might have to increase your exposure times to compensate for the loss of light from the filter, so perhaps graded paper might permit shorter exposure times (but I'm not certain on this last point, a lot depending on what exposure index you rate your paper, and your developer strength, etc.).

None of this is rocket science, it's more about keeping good notes and figuring out how best to work with the materials. And I'm looking forward to seeing your images.

~Joe