Sally Mann 'Immediate Family'
Wandered into The Photographers' Gallery in London while I was a photography student. Didn't think much of the exhibition, but spent hours in the bookshop gazing at this one. Couldn't afford it at all, but knew I had to own it.

Bruno Barbey 'The Italians'
Just the most stunning collection of images that sum up a nation and culture in the early 1960s. Taken when Barbey was only 21-22 or so. Had the pleasure and privilege of meeting him last year - a true gent.

Joe Cornish 'First Light'
Definitely the finest colour landscape photographer in the UK - and possibly one of the top 10 in the world. I love his work because I know I could never do it myself.

Milton Rogovin 'Triptychs' - soon to become 'Quartets' - can't wait!
Couldn't be a simpler concept - returning to the same place to photograph the same people every 10 years or so since the 1970s, but the directness, heart and integrity of the work make the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. Add to this that he's now about 93 years old and still photographing, and you couldn't ask for a more inspiring publication.

Shelby Lee Adams 'Appalachian Legacy'
Just bought it after coming across an article on the Lenswork site, so it's this week's favourite...