Quote Originally Posted by snaggs View Post
Had a look at some of the photo's on your site, lovely.

And of course you are right about not needing expensive camera's, one of my best photo's was taken with a demo plastic F65 I bought on clearance.

However, now that I have a choice;

I like to buy things which are made by people
I like old world construction
I'm against the destruction of first the english and now european and american manufacturing.

Wherever I have an option to buy a locally made shirt etc, I will boycott made in China.

Leica is the embodiment of historic manufacturing values, Nikon used to as well, before they put into retirement their AIS manufacturing team.

The reason I'm now buying Leica, is Nikon will never transition MF and old world build quality into digital. It won't be sitting in the box.

Daniel.
Daniel, I'm with you on the China thing - but don't play into Leica's marketing tactics. Things like limited edition and x edition Leicas are designed for collectors and other non-photographers. Buy an M6, M4, M2, whatever, just buy a decent Leica and be done with it.

Oh, and do NOT get rid of the SLR. Rangefinders can't handle everything, e.g. I couldn't imagine using my RF for ultra-wide stuff or anything involving a telephoto (which honestly I use rarely). I always have an M4 and an F3. Occasionally either/or, but RFs are definitely not to the exclusion of SLRs.