</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Silverpixels5 @ Apr 25 2003, 09:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I use the lens on a Hasselblad 500 C/M, and was wondering if the flash sync socket on the body will work as a replacement.</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
Say whut????

I&#39;ve scoured over *both* 530Cx&#39;s and I can&#39;t find anything remotely resembling a PC socket on the bodies - outside of the SCA connector. The 150 Sonnar I have doesn&#39;t have any electrical connection to the body ... so?

One great danger with most synch cords is that they will fit a standard two-prong 110v outlet ... and if that happens there will be the classic blue flash -- but there won&#39;t be much doubt about synchronization. One of the major reasons for choosing Dyna Lites is their three-prong plugs on their synch cords.

Heavy use with older Studio Flash units with high synch voltages (actually it is te current that matters) will erode the synch system - that should result in intermittent operation rather than "timing" problems - but who knows - anything is possible and that word "should" is a big one.