</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jdef @ Oct 3 2002, 11:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Hello Nige. I didn&#39;t mean to infer that LF photographers&#39; images are the only ones that suffer in the translation to electronic media. The reason I singled out LF photographers relates to the seeming disparity in their posting work compared to other photographers. Since recently committing my efforts to LF, I am eager to see the work of other LF photog&#39;s that I know through reading their posts in various forums etc., but have been disappointed time and again by how few post their work. I&#39;ve learned a lot from reading the posted comments, but feel that without images to form a context I am often at a loss to interpret them. Thank you for posting your image with your comment, it is a perfect example of the best possible kind of response.-jdf</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Another thing you might consider is the utter ignorance some of us LF photographers have making scans for posting on the net. I tried it a few times and it was a very unpleasant experience. Why spend so much time, effort and money to make a beautiful print just to have it look like crap on a monitor? Or spend time an money working on it with PS to approximate how your print looks? to me they are worthless pursuits, but some people do make some very nice scans of their prints. If you wish to see some LF format work, go to Tuan&#39;s site ( the link is on our home page) and scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will find a "photographers links" section.....get on this and look the work of Clyde Butcher....wonderful Florida swamp images, etc.....but of course the scans never compare to his real images.....any ways, there is a whole bunch of sites on Tuan&#39;s page...
Just dont spend so much time there you forget about us...