Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
Merg: Where did you get the roller?

Ed, I have had it for so many years that I do no recall the origin. It is a 12" hard rubber roller on a cast frame. My guess is that I purchased it from a photographic or graphic arts supplier; the photo use was most likely to roll prints onto ferrotype plates.

I would suggest a search of brayers to find something similar. However, any similar rolling device should work if you use a cover mat over the print while rolling. The trick, as John found, is to apply strong pressure over the print during the cooling process.

If you wish, you can listen to conservators about the downside of drymounting prints. In my opinion, it is the best presentation for a photographic image, and those drymounted by Edward Weston 80 years ago have sold for over a million dollars.