Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
Agree 100%. The lens I took on the 'family vacation' was the 35mm f2.8

Continuing some OT discussion: The new-to-me SL35E looks like it will come to me with slotted screws on the front and back. Most I have seen (including my broken one) have Phillips screws. Some google-image searching lead me to see that some cameras indeed had the slotted screws. Also, the shutter on the new one has shiny rivets, as opposed to the black ones on my broken one. Do these differences mean anything?? I wonder if you have seen any small differences between the SL35E cameras?

Here is the e-bay auction of the one on its way to me: 370369251449
Yes, I love the 35 & 85mm f/2.8 because they're good and tiny (and the 18mm isn't *too* big): The main reason I'm keeping it as my lightweight travel kit and not going 100% Leica R...

I've only seen Philips screws.
I seemed to remember the rivets being black only, but I just checked my only camera without film in it and they are indeed shiny!

Checking the 3003, which basically has the same, but somehow improved shutter (can reliably do 1/2000 - thought it was upgraded electronics, not the shutter itself as the 2000F can be upgraded to the 3003 "inside" AFAIK just by changing the circuitboard), I noticed that it has 2, not 4, rivets and they are flattened and black.

My 3 bodies all have 64xxxx serial numbers. Yours is a 63xxxx Maybe earlier production ones used slotted screws?
Or maybe, as was often the case, it was repaired at some point (electronics replaced) by Rollei or one of it's service centres?

Enough Rolleiflex minutae (for now)... ;-)

Anyway the seller seems serious and reasonable: If the thing is DOA, I'm sure you can reach an agreement...

Enjoy!