Hi Theflyingcamera - Yes streaking is a major problem for ULF film - it's called bromide drag and I had that problem many years ago before my back said you can't do cameras that are that heavy. All of the streaks that were easily seen were in the lighter areas of the print but if you looked really hard you could see the streaks in the shadows. One of the developers that worked and was used at the Mammoth Camera Workshop at Sandy Utah (Tillman Crane ran the workshop) was D-76. All the film was processed in Jobo film and paper drums. The students at the school ran the Jobo CPP-2 processors all day long and the negatives were clean and even. The students at the school that had volunteered to process the negatives had worked really hard processed hundreds of negatives. For some reason D-76 seemed to produce streak free (no bromide drag) negatives. You might look for the 16x20 Jobo print drum (#2850). There are ribs inside the drum to hold the paper/film in place. On the inside on one side is one rib and on the other side are 3 ribs. It takes some practice but you place the film in the 2850 drum and curl it on the 14" side emulsion in (just like the BTZS tubes) and you place the film on the outside of the 3 ribs. These drums were designed for all different size papers 5x7, 8x10 and larger up to 16x20. To process a sheet of 14x17 film you would need at least 24 oz of developer per sheet and you can only develop one negative at a time, but for the results it is worth it. It takes a little practice, you might cut a sheet of paper to 14x17 and practice. Like you when I was shooting 12x20 I have a collection of streaked negatives. I was glad to find that D-76 worked until my back had other ideas. Hope this helped.

Fred Newman