Quote Originally Posted by AdrianW View Post
Did your Rollei SL35ME come with any lens? You might want to fully test out the body to make sure it is in good shape before buying lenses for it.

I have a SL35M (made in Singapore) body with erratic shutter speeds that would cost more to fix than what it's worth. I recently bought a SL35E and then a SL35 to replace my problem M body. Both of the replacement bodies (also made in Singapore) had problems from the moment they arrived.

I finally bought an early German-made SL35 that had been sitting in the seller's drawer for 30 years. I tested it out and it works perfectly. This means that I can finally use all the excellent Zeiss lenses that I've acquired through the years... all bought used for about $100 each... back when you could still find them cheap!
Yes it came with a lens. So far two rolls are perfect - but yes, I am aware of the problems with these. I had a few in the 1980's - personally I never had a bad one, but I knew about them. Most likely I will grab a Leica R3/R4/R5 in the near future... the M series are generally too well used in my price range.