Forming a U with the film is something I'm a little afraid of. Is there a device in existence that allows for the 'bottom' of the U to be on the top?

I thought perhaps I could make hooks and hang the film from them in the sprocket holes, and then let the two ends of the film hang down. Ya thing that would work?